Currently listening to Sam Smith’s Him
I am a staunch believer in self love and self care and basically feeling great and being great. I am also a believer of treating others the way you would treat yourself, with love, honour and respect.
Do you have people around you that you’re grateful for and you couldn’t imagine doing life without them? Do you make them know this? How do you show gratitude for all they are for You?
Below are few ways you could try letting people know you care
1. Give a long intimate hug, if they’re not anal about physical contact that is.
2. Do something little but thoughtful for them—like doing something you know they have been planning on but were short on time to do.
3. Let them know you are there whenever they need to vent or just talk.
4. Invite them to do something you know they’ve always wanted to do, like see a movie or a visit to the spa.
5. Compliment them on a talent, skill, or strength that you admire and encourage them to try new things you know they would excel at.
6. Thank them for any contributions they make towards your advancement whether academically, socially, financially and so on.
7. If they offered you great service, let their superior know they did an amazing job.
8. Exhibit patience, even if you’re in a hurry.
9. If they helped you out with a loan, endeavour to pay back promptly and if for some reason you can not, let them know before hand and ask for the benefit of a more convenient date at which to pay back.
10. Offer to get food or snacks for a co-worker swamped with work.
11. Write your partner a love note. Tell them how much they mean to you and highlight the best parts about th
12. Show up early to a meeting with others. It shows you respect their time. Nobody has time to spend waiting endlessly for you to show up 😩
These are just a few. Which do you currently do? Which would you try out?
Feel free to add other ways you show appreciation below.